6/2/19 MFCA MEETING NOTES

6/2 MFCA EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING @ LEWISTON HS
MEMBERS PRESENT: Matt Perkins, Mike Hathaway, Kevin Cooper, Mark Smith, Bob Sinclair, Joe White, BJ Robbins
TREASURER REPORT: SKIPPED
SECRETARY REPORT:
Youth survey is ready to send out. Discussion on who to send it to was decided on all high school head coaches. We need to add a contact info. Question to the form before we send it in hopes of getting as many youth football contacts for the website as possible. Will send out just after july 4th.
We need to take over the process for the Schmidlin Award. We need to gather some information on the history of the award…including qualifications and past recipients.
Looking to send out a request to all head coaches for nominees (with letter of recommendation) on June 17….due back on june 24….send out a voting list on june 25th. Close voting on July 1st…..winners to BJ on July 2 so he can get trophies from Maine Awards to hand out at the Lobster Bowl on July 20.
CLINIC REPORT:
We have begun the process of looking in to securing a larger site that host more vendors, likely in the Portland area…..Ramada/Holiday Inn are possibilities
We are looking at starting earlier in the day on Friday….9 or 10am to have more speakers and make it an all day event. The morning could include 1 speaker plus a chalk talk room for offense and defense then presenters from 3 or 4pm on. Possibility of having 1 speaker at a time saturday morning as well.
Will have the ability to register online next year as well, which should speed up the check in process. Mark is also looking at getting some MFCA polos.
Discussed whether or not membership is something to look into moving forward. Possibilities of securing insurance, clinics, provide scholarships, etc. Matt Perkins is going to look into the insurance aspect. Further discussion at our next meeting.
RECLASSIFICATION UPDATE:
The class A coaches have drafted a letter asking the football committee to take an earlier look at reclassification next year and starting the process immediately after the conclusion of the season…..seeking out schools who plan to move to 8 man and putting out a plan earlier so we can have more time to put together a schedule.
WEBSITE UPDATE:
Will be able to register people online for clinic next year.
Need to get as many assistant and youth coaches signed up as possible so they are part of our communications and able to access resources we can provide.
Would like to add a “Coaches Corner—games needed” place for this season to help with jv/frosh/ms/youth schedules as well as contact information for coaches.
We will put out a blast soon with summer camps/7v7s etc.
USA FOOTBALL UPDATE: SKIPPED

NEXT MEETING TBD…..POSSIBLY DURING HANDS OFF PERIOD THE WEEK BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS???

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.